As promised! For the three weeks leading up to Valentine's, we picked one (ok, maybe two) new marina reviews each day that included a thoughtful comment for the marina team.
Note: The review didn't have to rate the marina as 5 stars or be Pulitzer-worthy writing-wise – but you did need to include some care and context behind the rating, and actionable feedback if the marina needs to improve.
Without further ado, the winners are:
2/14/20: Boater rechkof for his review of Deer Harbor Marina in Deer Harbor, WA:
I have stayed in this marina for many years in my once 25, now 29 Searay with the family - what a lovely spot! Very protected from weather, peaceful unpretentious vibe, friendly boat neighbors. They have a nicely stocked store with the best egg and cheese croissants for breakfast, nice shower area and a pool you can access on hot summer days . There’s a relatively new cider and pizza place across the road, and an Inn on top of the hill for dinner with a killer view of the area. It’s quiet most evenings, so if you’re looking for evening rowdiness, this isn’t your spot.
2/13/20: Boater bradm85 for his review of Port of Friday Marina in Friday Harbor, WA:
Great marina. If you need to check customs, do it here instead of Roche. The custom agents here are always friendly and great representatives of the US. The ones at Roche would prefer to hassle you as much as possible. Every time!
2/12/20: Boater Harry G. for his review of Safe Harbor Essex Island in Essex, CT:
Special because it is spectacular. Great staff that are eager to help and assist. All the amenities that you want and need. Pool and yard games. Great on site restaurant or a short walk to town with more restaurants or Gas barbecues and fire pits for onsite use.
2/11/20: Boater masonprops for his review of Belhaven Marina in Belhaven, NC:
Will definitely be coming back! Greg the dock master was very nice and informative. Showers/Laundry facility. Lovely little small quaint town and the people were so friendly!
2/10/20: Boater nstenger for their review of North Point Marina in Winthrop Harbor, IL:
Westrec is doing a great job tackling a back log of deferred maintenance that they inherited from the State of Illinois. Also doing a great job bringing events and activities to the marina since it is indeed a ways out of town.
2/9/20: Boater tdemarzo for their review of Donovan's Shady Harbor Marina in New Baltimore, NY:
Visited once and decided to make it our home. AAA+ Marina. The marina, restaurant, ships store, pool and amenities are all top notch. The Donovan’s and staff make you feel like family.
2/8/20: Boater NancyKay74 for her review of South Haven Municipal Marina #1 in South Haven, MI – one of the best reviews we've seen to date!
2/7/20: Boater JennBujak for her review of Stock Island Marina Village in Key West, Florida:
- Great Marina in the heart of downtown Key West! Only steps from all of the excitement. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again!!
2/6/20: Boater baldeagle52 at Mohawk Harbor in Schenectady, NY
2/5/20: Boater fjellyenta for their review of Carolina Beach Mooring Field in Carolina Beach, NC:
- Great and easy access to the mooring. Calm and comfortable overnight stay! Already recommended it to friends who are coming down the ICW and looking for a safe place to stay 😊
2/4/20: Boater boatinggary for his review at Waukegan Harbor & Marina in Waukegan, IL
2/3/20: Boater hafnutz67 at Reefpoint Marina in Racine, WI
- Reefpoint is by far our favorite marina. My wife and I have always enjoyed our stays here. The manager, Carrie, does a wonderful job of making sure everything runs smooth at Reefpoint and the rest of staff could not be any nicer or more accommodating. The marina's amenities are plentiful, as are those of the surrounding area. Reefpoint is well protected from the unwanted forces of Lake Michigan. Even when the wind and wakes are at their worst, the water at the slips remains calm and peaceful. If you haven't been to Reefpoint, do yourself a favor and add it to your list of "must visit" marinas. You won't be disappointed.
2/2/20: Boater callingone at Gulfport Municipal Marina in Gulfport, FL
2/1/20: Boater goldenpearl at Conch Harbor Marina in Key West, FL
1/31/20: Boater kellmer at Hansel's Marina in Deale, MD
1/3020: Boater tburton for his review of Fisherman's Wharf Marina in Venice, FL
1/29/20: We had a slew of reviews come in today, so couldn't pick just one. Here are our three winners:
- From boater bigbaby69 re: J & S West Marina in Baldwinsville, NY: I can't thank [email protected] for recommending this marina. We were only going to overnight there for a concert. One night became two and then the season, and then a 2nd boat (purchased there) and a 2nd slip. We couldn't be more happy with the level of service from Denise the manager to Christopher running the canvas shop, to Bradley in mechanics. We now consider them family and look forward to many seasons ahead. Love Y'all.
- From boater advantage1 re: Lake Havasu Marina in Arizona: This marina is a godsend especially on the major Summer holiday weekends... It includes one the the best launch ramps in town along with shore power and dump station. It is very well lit for nighttime use. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I recommended all of my fellow boaters to use this marina when boating in Lake Havasu.
- From boater kicknsho re: Harbor Centre Marina in Sheboygan, WI: Enjoyed 5 weeks only in 2019 and we're looking forward to a full season in a couple of months! Staff is VERY friendly. The docks are big, beautiful, well appointed and clean! The clubhouse is beautiful with many amenities including large, well it, and CLEAN shower facilities! Definitely a home away from home! The other boaters we've met have been not only welcoming but a blast to be around and talk to! So glad we have made this our marina to call "home"!
1/28/20: Boater ellenw46 for her review of Key West Yacht Club in Key West, FL
1/27/20: Boater latitude for their review of Safe Harbor Harbortown in Fort Pierce, FL
1/26/20: Boater thejourney for their review of Bay Springs Marina in New Site, MS
1/25/20: Boater andrewgutowski for his review of Marriott Hutchinson Island Beach Resort, Golf & Marina in Stuart, FL
1/24/020: Boater jimmythehat for his review of Richardson Bay Marina in Sausalito, CA
1/23/20: Boater coddiwomple for reviewing Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, CA
1/22/20: We chose two winners to kick things off!
- Boater monytorris for his review of Fox Point Marina in Providence, RI: Keith is very helpful and is very accommodating. Fox Point Marina is walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Very fair pricing and there is a lot to do in the area. The marina is behind the hurricane barrier so your boat is safe even in bad weather. Would recommend for long stays as well as transient docking.
- Boater skipperdarrel's review of Port of Rochester Marina in Rochester, New York: We spent six weeks there in 2019 and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is plenty of water to maneuver in. The transient dock is a long facing dock on the west side of the basin. The staff is terrific. The shoreside attractions and services are very pleasant... the best marina on the south shore of Lake Ontario. We're going back in 2020.
This blog post was originally published on January 22, 2020, and was last updated on 2/18/2020. 💕
Marina Managers: Click here to claim your free marina profile!