The Whitlocks Mill Lighthouse is situated on the Saint Croix River east of Calais Maine. The white and black brick and tile clad lighthouse has a flashing green light that burns for three seconds followed by three seconds of darkness, and stands 32 feet above the rivers surface.
The first light station was established at this location in 1892, and construction of the light tower was completed in 1910. The Unites States Coast Guard automated the light in 1969. The old keepers house, oil house and fog bell tower are still standing on the property.
The lighthouse is unfortunately not open to the public, but can bee seen from the river by boat.