This white and black lighthouse was constructed in 1897 and is the only building standing on the island. The United States Coast Guard automated the lighthouse in 1964, and today the lighthouse is powered by solar energy that charges batteries that power the light.
Two Bush Island is located north of the Two Bush Channel, which leads into Penobscot Bay and the Muscle Ridge Channel. It is the southernmost point if a group of Island that extend down from Muscle Ridge Channel.
This lighthouse has a flashing white light that repeats every five seconds, and a horn signal that sounds every 15 seconds during periods of fog. It also has a red sector from SSW through N to NNE.