You should follow the guidelines laid out on our Attribution page.
The Marinas.com API is a Beta product. Please be prepared for us to make changes to interfaces, access patterns, rate limits, etc.
We encourage you to sign up for an API key so that we can email you when we're considering or making changes that would affect your usage.
You may not ask Marinas.com users for their passwords. We will release a Marinas.com OAuth implementation if we decide to support that type of usage.
Last updated: 07/27/17
Users of the Marinas.com application programming interface ("API") (as defined below) are required to comply with Marinas.com's General Terms of Service, API License Agreement and the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Last updated: 07/27/17
This API and Data License Agreement ("Agreement”) applies to your access to, and use of, the content, documentation, code, data and related materials made available by Marinas.com (“Marinas.com”) to you (collectively, the “Content”), including through the use of the Marinas.com application programming interface (the “API”, together with Content, “Marinas.com Materials”). By using any Marinas.com Materials you agree to this Agreement.
1. WHO CAN USE MARINAS.COM MATERIALS - When you use the Marinas.com Materials, you agree to form a binding contract with Marinas.com, and follow this Agreement, the Marinas.com Platform Policy and all applicable laws. If you’re using the Marinas.com Materials on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then you and that entity (collectively “Licensee”), represent and warrant that you’re authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these terms and bind the entity to these terms, and that you agree to these terms on the entity’s behalf. Some of the Marinas.com Materials may be code that you incorporate into Licensee’s applications, products and services (“Licensee Service”) that enable functionality. You agree that we may automatically update those Marinas.com Materials, and this Agreement will apply to such updates.
2. LICENSE REQUIREMENTS (NON-ENTERPRISE LICENSE) - Marinas.com offers you access to the Marinas.com Materials for free provided that your application: (a) is non-exclusive, (b) is publicly available, (c) does not require a fee or subscription, (d) does not exceed the daily call limits, and (e) is not otherwise commercial in nature. If your application does not meet all of these requirements, you will need to obtain an enterprise license.
3. GRANT OF LICENSE - Subject to Licensee’s full compliance with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Platform Policy, Marinas.com grants Licensee a non-exclusive, revocable, nonsublicensable, nontransferable license to download and use the Marinas.com Materials to (i) develop, implement and integrate with the Licensee Service and (ii) use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display and perform the Marinas.com Materials as part of the Licensee Service. Licensee may not install or use the Marinas.com Materials for any other purpose without Marinas.com's prior written consent. Licensee shall not use the Marinas.com Materials in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to U.S. embargo, unsolicited mass distribution of email ("spam"), multi-level marketing proposals, hate materials, hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, gambling, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, weapons and accessories, automatic or autonomous control of vehicles, aircraft or other mechanical devices, dispatch or fleet management, or emergency or life-saving purposes. For Licensee Services that provide real-time route guidance, Licensee must have an end user license agreement that includes the following notice: YOUR USE OF THIS APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. LOCATION DATA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS - As between Marinas.com and Licensee, the Marinas.com Materials, including any and all Content made available, collected and/or derived through the API (including, without limitation, user data received from the API or submitted to the API), and all intellectual property rights in and to all of the foregoing, are and shall at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of Marinas.com and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws and treaties.
5. OTHER RESTRICTIONS - Except as expressly and unambiguously authorized under this Agreement, Licensee may not (i) copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the limited extent expressly authorized by applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the Marinas.com Materials; (ii) otherwise use the Marinas.com Materials on behalf of any third party; or (iii) design or permit the Licensee Service to disable, override or otherwise interfere with any Marinas.com-implemented communications to end users, consent panels, user settings, alerts, warnings or the like, including but not limited to those intended to notify the end user that his or her user data or location data is being collected or used, or intended to obtain consent for such collection or use. Marinas.com expressly reserves the right to limit the number and/or frequency of API requests in its sole discretion.
6. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT. Marinas.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify this Agreement and/or the Marinas.com Platform Policy at any time by posting a notice to developer.foursquare.com. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modification. Such modifications are effective upon first posting or notification and use of the Marinas.com Materials by Licensee following any such notification constitutes Licensee's acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER - THE MARINAS.COM MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MARINAS.COM AND ITS VENDORS EACH DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE MARINAS.COM MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RESULTS OF USE, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INTERFERENCE WITH QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. FURTHER, MARINAS.COM DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT LICENSEE'S USE OF THE MARINAS.COM MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
8. SUPPORT AND UPGRADES - This Agreement does not entitle Licensee to any support for the Marinas.com Materials, unless Licensee makes separate arrangements with Marinas.com and pays all fees associated with such support. Any such support provided by Marinas.com shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement as modified by the associated support agreement.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATION - REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE, AND EXCEPT FOR BODILY INJURY, IN NO EVENT WILL MARINAS.COM OR ITS VENDORS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY UNDER ANY TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR (A) ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MARINAS.COM MATERIALS OR (B) ANY DAMAGES, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00), EVEN IF MARINAS.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE. ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IN ADDITION, MARINAS.COM DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND OF MARINAS.COM'S VENDORS.
10. INDEMNITY - Licensee agrees that Marinas.com shall have no liability whatsoever for any use Licensee makes of the Marinas.com Materials. Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Marinas.com from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from Licensee's use of the Marinas.com Materials.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION - This Agreement shall continue until terminated as set forth in this Section. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason, or for no reason including, but not limited to, if Licensee violates any provision of this Agreement. Any termination of this Agreement shall also terminate the license granted hereunder. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, Licensee shall cease using, destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks, and other storage media all copies of the Marinas.com Materials (including all user data), and shall so certify to Marinas.com that such actions have occurred. Marinas.com shall have the right to inspect and audit Licensee's facilities to confirm the foregoing. Sections 8 through 13 and all accrued rights to payment shall survive termination of this Agreement.
12. GOVERNMENT USE - If Licensee is part of an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government ("Government"), the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the Marinas.com Materials are restricted in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations as applied to civilian agencies and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement as applied to military agencies. The Marinas.com Materials are a "commercial item," "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation." In accordance with such provisions, any use of the Marinas.com Materials by the Government shall be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement.
13. EXPORT CONTROLS - Licensee shall comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce, the United States Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"), or other United States or foreign agency or authority, and Licensee shall not export, or allow the export or re-export of the Marinas.com Materials in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations. By downloading or using the Marinas.com Materials, Licensee agrees to the foregoing and represents and warrants that Licensee is not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any restricted country.
14. MISCELLANEOUS - Unless the parties have entered into a written amendment to this agreement that is signed by both parties regarding the Marinas.com Materials, this Agreement and the Marinas.com Platform Policy constitute the entire agreement between Licensee and Marinas.com pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all written or oral agreements with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement, and any disputes arising from or relating to the interpretation thereof, shall be governed by and construed under New York law as such law applies to agreements between New York residents entered into and to be performed within New York by two residents thereof and without reference to its conflict of laws principles or the United Nations Conventions for the International Sale of Goods. Except to the extent otherwise determined by Marinas.com, any action or proceeding arising from or relating to this Agreement must be brought in a federal court in the Southern District of New York or in state court in New York County, New York, and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such action or proceeding. The prevailing party in any action arising out of this Agreement shall be entitled to an award of its costs and attorneys' fees. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing executed by Marinas.com. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. The failure of Marinas.com to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by Licensee or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit Marinas.com's rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement is personal to Licensee and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, by operation of law, merger, reorganization, or as a result of an acquisition or change of control involving Licensee) without Marinas.com's prior written consent and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing shall be void and without effect. Marinas.com expressly reserves the right to assign this Agreement and to delegate any of its obligations hereunder.